- This event has passed.
Hand Embroidery with Zoe Finn – November 4th, 1pm
November 4 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$30
Spend an afternoon learning hand embroidery with Zoe Finn of FiresideThreads! Whether you want to make a nice wall hanging, jazz up some old jeans, or just have a new hobby, embroidery is an excellent way to go. In this workshop, you will learn a few of the basic stitches as well as some fun tricks for adding texture and life to whatever you choose to stitch. Not only will you walk out with an embroidery piece of your own, but you will feel confident taking the skills of embroidery home and exploring the art in your own way.
If you already have the supplies for embroidery, feel free to bring those to use. What you will need:
- Embroidery hoop, any size
- Fabric or an article of clothing to stitch on. Make sure the fabric is significantly larger than your hoop
- Embroidery needle (large enough to fit 3-6 strands of floss through)
- Scissors (not required, but helpful!)
- I can provide all of these things for an additional $10 to be paid before class- just send me an email to reserve a kit! (email@example.com)
I will provide embroidery floss, (some) scissors, patterns, and lots of tips and tricks for you to try out. If you have a design in mind that you would like to do, feel free to print or draw it out and bring it to the workshop. I will also show you how to make patterns or free-hand draw designs.
Workshop Cost: $30
Kit Cost: $10 for supplies to be paid at time of workshop
Advance registration required. Class is limited to 20 students. No refunds.
Date & Time: Sunday, November 4th, 1-3pm.
Please email questions about the class to firstname.lastname@example.org