- This event has passed.
Shut Up & Write!™
December 10, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Monday, repeating until March 15, 2020
Join us for an hour of writing! Space is limited, so please reserve your seat by RSVPing on Meetup.
I’ve found that it can be amazingly helpful to write with other writers. See if it’s true for you at 10am Monday mornings, 7:15pm on Tuesday evenings, or 7pm Wednesday evenings at the Wolverine Farm Letterpress and Publick House.
Be it a book, blog, script, essay, dissertation, resume, poem, or just plain work stuff, you’re invited to write it with us. No one will see what you’ve written or give you unsolicited advice. Instead of just thinking about writing, come and get some real writing done.
• 10:00am– Quick intros as we get settled.
• 10:15am – Timer starts and the writing hour begins.
• 11:15am – The end of the hour is announced, but if you don’t want to socialize or head out, you can always keep writing.
Optional socializing happens from 11:15-11:30. Writing is very solitary, so connecting (and commiserating) with other writers can be a great thing.
Being late is okay—just show up and get settled, then check in with me after the session. (I’ll be the person with the Shut Up & Write! sign.) If you were on time, please be willing to make room for the friendly latecomer.
• Outlets are limited, so make sure your laptop or other device is fully charged before you arrive.
• Bring earbuds/earplugs if you want to block the cafe’s overhead music or the occasional conversation by other patrons.
• WiFi is free and available within the building or outside on the patio.
• There is a wide variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic (beer, wine, prosecco) beverages available, and limited snacks. **Please thank our hosts by purchasing something, and don’t bring your own food or drink other than a water bottle.**
• We will be downstairs if there’s space available. Otherwise, check the upstairs event room if you can’t find us.
• Parking at the venue is limited—come early, and in the warmer months, ride your bike if you can.
Happy writing, and I look forward to seeing you!