The Fort Collins Songwriters’ Workshop: Free + Open to All
March 5 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Fort Collins Songwriters’ Workshop, a free, friendly and productive group for musicians and songwriters in Northern Colorado.
Join us to workshop your latest song, and share your constructive feedback on other people’s work.
We meet at Wolverine Farm, Fort Collins, 80524 from 6pm. The group starts at 6:30pm and ends at 8:30pm.
How to Take Part
Just show up! We’re a friendly group and we welcome new group members.
Please enjoy a drink or snack in the café to thank Wolverine Farm for hosting us.
Bring along a guitar, or any other instrument that you need to play your song. Each member of the group gets to present one song (time allowing).
Recordings of your track on a phone or computer are welcome and can be plugged in (or connected by bluetooth) to our speaker.
Please print out 6-10 copies of your lyrics and bring them with you, to share with the group when you share your song.
Latecomers are welcome but a chance to present your song is not guaranteed.
Any questions? Contact host, Josh Shirt: firstname.lastname@example.org / 970-372-2213
The following rules help to maintain a productive space for everyone:
- No one in the group is an authority, we are all equal and share the same aims – to improve in our songwriting and to help others to do the same.
- Take all feedback with a pinch of salt. If you receive feedback that is helpful to you, great – the group is doing it’s job! If you receive feedback that isn’t helpful, please just disregard it when you return to your song to make improvements. All art is subjective.
- Giving feedback is encouraged. Please contribute well-intentioned & helpful (constructive) feedback within the group. Aim to keep feedback concise and on topic. If you can’t think of any feedback to give, that’s fine too!
- The group is a space to share useful ideas, and all feedback shared within the group is shared free of charge. No writer credits are needed if you use someone else’s feedback to improve your song. By sharing ideas openly and engaging in discussion we can all potentially benefit and become better songwriters.
- Poetry and prose writers are welcome.