- This event has passed.
Writing with the Ancestors
October 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for a 1 hour writing workshop with FCCAN Coordinator, Shirley Man-Kin Leung, followed by an Open Mic session,
During our poetry class, we will:
– Discuss the concepts of ancestors, memory, imagination, and (re)telling
– Explore the practice and process of writing poetry at the intersection of ancestor work together
– Learn from poets of color who work with the ancestral realm in their creative practice and process
– Optional: get 1on1 feedback on a specific poem or piece of your choice
– Note: this class focuses on writing practice and process and is not a class on spiritual development.
This workshop is free & open to all community members
**While this class is open to all, it will center and prioritize the voices and experiences of queer, trans, gender non conforming, and femme Black and Indigenous people and people of color.