Whether you want to make a nice wall hanging, jazz up some old jeans, or just have a new hobby, embroidery is an excellent way to go. In this workshop, you will learn a few of the basic stitches as well as some fun tricks for adding texture and life to whatever you choose to stitch. The goal of this workshop is to arm you with the basics of embroidery including materials set-up and some stitching techniques to get you started.
In the first half of the you will learn and practice some basic stitches, while the second half of the class will be dedicated to starting a custom piece of your own.
What you will need:
1. Embroidery Hoop – the size is up to you, but I recommended anywhere from 5 to 7 inches
2. Fabric – any non-stretch, tight weave, opaque fabric works. I recommend a light color for tracing patterns, but it is also entirely up to you. I will bring scrap fabric to use for practicing, but if you have fabric scraps lying around, please bring those to practice stitches on.
3. Embroidery Needle – these have blunted tips and a generous hole for threading
(I can provide a kit with all of the necessary items for $5 to be paid at the time of class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a kit.)
1. A design or pattern: I will bring some patterns and ideas with me, but I encourage you to look around for what you would like to embroider and come to class with that design. I can help you make a plan for executing the design.
2. Embroidery floss: I will bring a lot of color options, but if there are specific colors you would like for your desired design, I recommend bringing those with you.
Cost: $30, optional $5 for supplies
Advance registration required. Class is limited to 14 students. No refunds.
Date & Time: Sunday, December 2nd, 1-3pm
Please email questions about the class to email@example.com