2019 WOLVERINE FARM BROADSIDE PRIZE
Prize: $100 and 15 letter-press broadsides of the winning poem
Deadline: April 30, 2019
Fee: $10 per batch of 3 poems. Multiple submissions accepted with a separate entry fee for each
Submission: Purchase the $10 fee, Wolverine Farm will reply within 48 hours with details for submission
Final Judge: Jenn Givhan, a National Endowment for the Arts and PEN/Rosenthal Emerging Voices fellow, is a Mexican-American writer and activist from the Southwestern desert. She is the author of four full-length collections including Landscape with Headless Mama (2015 Pleiades Editors’ Prize) and Girl with Death Mask (2017 Blue Light Books Prize chosen by Ross Gay) and two chapbooks. Her novels, Trinity Sight and Jubilee, are forthcoming from Blackstone Press. Her honors include the Frost Place Latinx Scholarship, a National Latinx Writers’ Conference Scholarship, the Lascaux Review Poetry Prize, Phoebe Journal’s Greg Grummer Poetry Prize chosen by Monica Youn, the Pinch Poetry Prize chosen by Ada Limón, the Joy Harjo Poetry Prize 2nd place chosen by Patricia Spears Jones, and fifteen Pushcart nominations. Her work has appeared in Best of the Net, Best New Poets, Poetry Daily, Verse Daily, Ploughshares, POETRY, The New Republic, TriQuarterly, Boston Review, AGNI, Crazyhorse, Witness, Southern Humanities Review, Missouri Review, and The Kenyon Review. Givhan can be found at jennifergivhan.com, as well as Facebook & Twitter @JennGivhan.
- No identifying information included in the file of submitted poems
- Poems must be 8 – 30 lines each, 1 poem per page in a doc, docx, or pdf file
- Include a brief author bio with your submission
- Open to anyone writing in the English language, though we will not accept poems translated from another language
- Previously published poems are fine, as long as you retain the rights to them
- Simultaneous submissions are also fine, but we ask that authors notify us immediately if their work has been accepted elsewhere
- Current and former students, close friends, and relatives of the final judge are ineligible
Results announced in July 2019!