One of the missions of our Letterpress & Publick House is to support local makers and artists. We host workshops and events that showcase our creative community and we sell locally made goods and art in our shop. If you are interested in having your handmade items for sale at 316 Willow location, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every Tuesday from 5-7pm, we host an Open Craft downstairs at the Letterpress & Publick House. Bring your projects, arts and craft supplies, and join us in a little dedicated crafting time. All crafters get $1 beer, wine, or cider!
Join us for seasonal workshops on Sunday afternoons at the Letterpress & Publick House! These two to three hour workshops feature local makers as instructors. Check our Craft Sunday online store page for upcoming workshops and links to sign up for one today. Interested in teaching a workshop? Keep scrolling down to learn how to apply as a Craft Sunday instructor!
We also have space in our Publick House for a limited amount of local makers to sell their items on an ongoing basis. If selected, we offer a 65/35 consignment split on goods sold. Please contact email@example.com for consideration.
Upstairs Art Wall
Each month we select a different artist to feature in our event hall and coordinate with the artist to host a First Friday event, workshop, or artist’s talk. For more information check out our art wall proposal page and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Join us once for periodic happy hour get-together with local makers, artists, and creatives. The theme varies, but the premise is the same—we’ll chat about upcoming opportunities for makers, share inspirations and projects, and enjoy a tasty beverage and great company. Happy hour prices on beer, wine, and cider. Check our event calendar for upcoming sessions and more information or join our FOCO Makers facebook group!
We host seasonal markets throughout the year, check back often for calls for makers and other details. The 2018 Maker Market & Holiday Art Show applications are closed, but we’ll announce our call for vendors for the 2019 Valentine Market soon, so stay tuned and make sure you are part of the FOCO Makers facebook group! and following us on social media!
TEACH A WORKSHOP!
If you’d like to apply to be an instructor for a Craft Sunday, please send us a little about yourself, photos of your product or a link to a website, and a brief description of the class you’d like to teach (Title, Description, Cost, Capacity) to email@example.com.
- All workshops are taught by local makers and artists, typically with a business of their own selling what they make.
- We advertise on our social media pages as well as our email newsletter and a print poster, but the instructor is also expected to market the workshop through their own channels.
- We collect registration fees through our website and in-person at Wolverine Farm (316 Willow Street).>
- We split the fees 60/40. Instructor gets 60% of ticket sales, and checks are distributed two weeks after the class.
- Classes can be up to 60 people, can happen in our upstairs event hall, downstairs, or outside.
- Instructor is expected to provide all supplies and tools or have an additional or optional supply cost added to the registration fee. We do not reimburse for supplies.